Technical imaging presents challenging opportunities for the investigation of paintings. Through research at DIVIDI, we plan to add to a growing body of technical documentation available to scholars and students in the field.Gwendolyn Boevé-Jones
Call for applications!
We welcome applications for the DIVIDI Graduate Internship, which will begin in September 2022 and will have an open flexible duration of 6-12 months.
- Excellent team working skills
- English language proficiency (C1 level)
- You are currently enrolled in a University Program at a post-graduate level (MA, MSc, Dipl. Rest.)
- You have a background in chemistry, material science, conservation science, conservation and restoration of polychrome artworks, art history or technical art history
What we offer:
- Interdisciplinary work with scientists and paintings conservators
- Networking opportunities
- Hands-on experience in technical image acquisition, data processing and interpretation
- A nourishing interdisciplinary environment in close contact with Studio Redivivus
About the project:
DIVIDI Foundation is looking for an intern to help in developing a technical imaging standard for the foundation. Systematic, reproducible imaging is key to the acquisition of information from artworks. The intern gain hands-on experience in the handling of technical imaging equipment and will support the Imaging Standardisation Project which will aim at finding the most adequate variables for image acquisition of Infrared Reflectograms, HIROX 3D Microscopy, and UV-induced fluorescence of paint layers.
Send your cover letter, CV, letter of recommendation and references, and portfolio with relevant projects to email@example.com by June 1st 2022.
Successful candidates will be interviewed in July 2022.